Nanowrimo is over. I thought it would never end.
I thought I would have all the time in the world to write 50,000 words. Turns out that it doesn’t really work that way. The clock keeps ticking away, approaching the deadline, whether you write or not. So before I knew it the final week was here. Monday, November 26th rolled around, and I only had 8,000 words.
So I wrote like mad for five days, writing 32,000 words. Friday I called in sick to work and wrote for 13 hours straight. By 8 that night I still needed another 10,000 words to win. 4 hours, 10,000 words. The math didn’t add up. There was no way I could finish on time, so I threw in the towel in favor of driving home and seeing my family, and subsequently scaring the crap out of Fusband, but that is another story.
I still have not finished, but as you can see by reading this post, I am finally getting back in the swing of writing daily–at least I am trying to. I was a little burnt out after my attempt to do the whole of Nanowrimo in a week, and naturally took the next ten days off from writing. Talk about good discipline.
Anyway, here are my goals for December (if you don’t care (which is completely OKAY) I would just stop reading now–think of it as a present like getting out of class early. You are welcome!):
- Finish my novel. I have 10,000 words left and I have outlined the final five chapters. I think I know where I am going, so it shouldn’t be too hard. But then again, just because I have an idea for where this is going, doesn’t mean the story will follow that route. I really hope it won’t go according to plan, considering the ending I have in mind is complete and utter crap.
- Start back on a reading schedule. I need to be reading more. Right now I am just perusing the comics and maybe the back of a cereal box.
- Finish Reading: Les Miserables, Eugenics and Other Evils, Jane Eyre, Sex: A Natural History, and My Reading Life by Pat Conroy.
- Start Reading: something from Jane Austen, Roots by Alex Haley, and The Last Drop Out by Bill Milliken
- Get my Kindle back. Yeah mom I am talking to you. 🙂
That’s all folks. You should be seeing daily posts from me, starting today. Or tomorrow.
How about Friday?